- 1Assorted tools, especially ones required for a mechanized process: [as modifier]: the tooling costs for the latest Ford FiestaMore example sentences
- Tooling costs to produce the box in composite are five times lower than steel and there is an overall cost savings on the composite box, although specific numbers were not given.
- There is no special tooling required for removal; carbon and stainless steel are available off the shelf.
- So, at higher volumes, composite production tooling costs rise significantly.
- 1.1The process of making or working something with tools: [as modifier]: the deck moulding showed some tooling marksMore example sentences
- All tooling marks are removed by hand polishing.
- The disconnector notch was polished as smooth as Egyptian anthracite, and all tooling marks were polished out.
- There were no tooling marks to be found anywhere and the knurling was sharp and even throughout.
- 2The ornamentation of a leather book cover with designs impressed by heated tools: ornaments ready to use in the gold tooling of fine bindingsMore example sentences
- Once bound, she finishes each book with a variety of artistic touches such as embroidery, dyeing, gold tooling or edge coloring.
More definitions of toolingDefinition of tooling in:
- The US English dictionary