1A set of tools, especially one kept in a bag or box and used for a particular purpose.
- Normally he carries the heater, chain saws, a big tool kit, a fire extinguisher, first aid kit, soda, and something for his stomach if the hamburger he eats when he takes a break at gives him a little heartburn.
- He said it was important for managers to take responsibility for the results, work with a clear purpose and have a tool kit to survive new situations.
- Every competent mechanic should have a correctly calibrated torque wrench in their tool kit and should use it.
1.1 Computing A set of software tools.
- As well as developing the tool kit or software upon which a number of their products were based, in his spare time Adam was also developing his own new application based on the class library.
- Phase one will see SGI contribute more work and code to open source graphics projects, along with the release of a Linux developer tool kit.
- I personally find that this particular tool kit makes the RAD (rapid application development) concept finally available to Linux.
1.2A personal set of resources, abilities, or skills: intuition developed from past stock market experience becomes a vital part of an investor’s toolkit
More example sentences
- A sense of Kristeva's 'unlimited possibilities of discourse' is a vital component in a writer's toolkit.
- The biggest interpersonal flaw in any manager's tool kit is the constant overriding need to win.
- It will provide participants with a toolkit of skills to help them lead others in productive ways.
Definition of toolkit in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.