Definition of toon in English:
1A cartoon film.
- The toons in question are actually webtoons, Flash animations originally produced for the Warner Brothers Animation website.
- In fact, animated political toons have been part of the Web ever since bandwidth would allow.
- These toons not only grew Cartoon Network's audience by triple digits, they beat out late night old-schoolers for draws of 18-to 24-year-olds.
1.1A character in a cartoon film: he drags the toon’s mouth into a droop
More example sentences
- If papa or mama wants to dance with a toon character, we suppose they will be obliged.
- The graphics focus on different moods and actions of the toon characters and come in colours such as spiced red and turquoise blue.
- And I was wondering, as I always do with plot devices like this, why the human characters deal so calmly with the appearance of toons.
1930s: shortening of cartoon.
Definition of toon in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan