adjective (toothier, toothiest)
Having or showing large, numerous, or prominent teeth: a toothy smile
More example sentences
- A tall gangly fellow with a toothy smile and awkward social skills, he wrote murder mysteries for a hobby.
- The actor then flashed a toothy smile to reveal his uneven chompers.
- A sophisticated sway and toothy smile are the last skills Gracie wants to practice.
- Example sentences
- I used to work with an Express columnist - her face rather toothily smirks out at you each weekday.
- Sammy looked up at Vincent and smiled toothily before slurring, ‘'Ello, Vinnie.
- ‘But I'm happy because I have Billy,’ she grinned toothily.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: toothy
Definition of toothy in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.