noun (plural tootsies)• informal
- 1A person’s foot: you can even think about putting your tootsies upMore example sentences
- I know some folk are freezing their little tootsies off, but currently a few days of winter would be MOST appreciated, just so we can sleep.
- This is not the Highland way, but so often there is an anti-climax about dignitaries and club officials giving muffled addresses while freezing their tootsies off in the middle of a football field.
- So you'll often see them in the mornings, standing, staring into space, with their little tootsies beating some silent syncopated rhythm on the grass.
mid 19th century: humorous diminutive of foot.
More definitions of tootsieDefinition of tootsie in:
- The US English dictionary