nounchiefly • historical
- A high boot with a broad band of a different material or colour at the top.More example sentences
- The Master, however, met the bulk of expenses and enjoyed the admiration of well turned-out liveried hunt staff complete with matching coloured coats, insignia buttons, and Napoleon-style top boots.
- His attire was the same [worn] during the time of the directory: blue dress, yellow buttons, yellow vest, striped-fabric breeches, top boots, the only ones left in Paris in 1822, white tie, [and] black, crush-in hat.
- Four flat-land villages had teams of ploughmen, oraci, in top boots and aprons, ‘tilling the soil’ to bring fertility to the snow covered land.
More definitions of top bootDefinition of top boot in:
- The US English dictionary