- The process by which ale-type beers are fermented, proceeding for a relatively short period at high temperature with the yeast rising to the top.More example sentences
- Because of the warmer temperatures in Australia, de Bavay had to adapt Pasteur's methods to top fermentation.
- Cold soaking the fruit for 36 hours along with a 14 day, open top fermentation expanded the extraction.
- The problems of top fermentation brewing encouraged de Bavay to explore the possibilities of lager-brewing.
More definitions of top fermentationDefinition of top fermentation in:
- The US English dictionary