Definition of top flight in English:
noun(the top flight)
The highest rank or level.
- It is surely only a matter of time before Ballinacourty hit the big time once more in the top flight.
- This will be their fourth meeting in the top flight with the scores currently level.
- At the recent Awards Night the club were among the top flight of award winners.
adjective[attributive] Back to top
Of the highest rank or level: a top-flight batsman
More example sentences
- He brought me to Blackburn from Celtic and then brought me up to Newcastle and gave me my first real start in top-flight football.
- For now it's all systems go for a new season in top-flight football.
- This is a small country with a minuscule customer base for sport at a time when top-flight football is growing ever more expensive to maintain.
Definition of top flight in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan