noun(the top flight)
- The highest rank or level.More example sentences
- It is surely only a matter of time before Ballinacourty hit the big time once more in the top flight.
- This will be their fourth meeting in the top flight with the scores currently level.
- At the recent Awards Night the club were among the top flight of award winners.
adjective[attributive] Back to top
- Of the highest rank or level: a top-flight batsmanMore example sentences
- He brought me to Blackburn from Celtic and then brought me up to Newcastle and gave me my first real start in top-flight football.
- For now it's all systems go for a new season in top-flight football.
- This is a small country with a minuscule customer base for sport at a time when top-flight football is growing ever more expensive to maintain.
More definitions of top flightDefinition of top flight in:
- The US English dictionary