Definition of top-score in English:
(Of a sports player) score the most goals, runs, or points in a particular competition, match, etc. Taylor top-scored with 66 not out
More example sentences
- Opening the innings, he top-scored with an unbeaten 74 from 95 balls, after Sri Lanka had been set a target of 169 in 35 overs.
- The only Harrovian to emerge with credit was the 15-year-old Lord Ipswich, who top-scored in both innings with 21 and 10.
- He also top-scored in both innings on debut - how uncommon is that?
top scorer noun
- Example sentences
- Greaves scored 44 goals in 57 appearances for England, a better ratio than Bobby Charlton the all-time top scorer.
- Sohail Abbas was the top scorer at the Athens Olympics with 11 goals.
- The Nurney girls scored 11 goals with top scorer for Nurney being full-forward Emma Behan, scoring five goals.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan