(Of a sports player) score the most goals, runs, or points in a particular competition, match, etc. Taylor top-scored with 66 not out
More example sentences
- Opening the innings, he top-scored with an unbeaten 74 from 95 balls, after Sri Lanka had been set a target of 169 in 35 overs.
- The only Harrovian to emerge with credit was the 15-year-old Lord Ipswich, who top-scored in both innings with 21 and 10.
- He also top-scored in both innings on debut - how uncommon is that?
- Example sentences
- Greaves scored 44 goals in 57 appearances for England, a better ratio than Bobby Charlton the all-time top scorer.
- Sohail Abbas was the top scorer at the Athens Olympics with 11 goals.
- The Nurney girls scored 11 goals with top scorer for Nurney being full-forward Emma Behan, scoring five goals.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.