- An American killifish, often seen at the water surface.
More example sentences
- Fundulus and other genera in the families Cyprinodontidae (or Fundulidae) (many species), and Poeciliidae (one or two species)
- The males are less responsive to non-threatening fish like topminnows (family Fundulidae).
- One form of aggressive behavior is dominance hierarchies, which are found in many groups (e.g. catfishes, minnows, cods, ricefishes, topminnows, cichlids, wrasses, blennies, and boxfishes).
- The Gila topminnow historically occurred throughout the Gila River drainage in Arizona, and even into New Mexico and Mexico.
More definitions of topminnowDefinition of topminnow in:
- The US English dictionary