Definition of topo in English:
noun (plural topos)informal , chiefly North American
1A topographic map: a topo drawn for the Hell Cave area [as modifier]: the topo map showed a watering hole
More example sentences
- She had no idea she could do this before the forest; look at a good topo map of an area and visualize the view from the ground so well, and memorize the landmarks in such detail, it's as if she had been raised in the area her whole life.
- We packed our supplies; 2 water bottles a piece, a topo map, 2 extra tubes a piece, a tool pack, a pump, and of course… a bag of pinole.
- I don't know about you, but if I'm armed with a GPS unit and a good topo map, I'm a lot more inclined to get ‘back in’ away from the crowds.
1.1 Climbing A diagram of a mountain with details of routes to the top marked on it.
- Grabbing the rack, I started up a steep corner that starts the third pitch that is named ‘Last Years’ on the route topo.
- The topos on his multi pitch, grade IV Headwall routes read like a bad dream.
- The Gold Wall is a ‘newer’ development and there is a topo circulating around if you ask the right people.
1970s: abbreviation of topographic (see topographical).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia