adjectiveBritish • informal , • dated
nounBack to top
- A layer of food poured or spread over a base of a different type of food to add flavour: a cake with a marzipan toppingMore example sentences
- Wholemeal flour is used to make the home-made pizza bases and the toppings are created with fresh ingredients - and schools make their own bread.
- Try a biscuit crust, tortillas, flatbread such as pita, bun halves or a baguette cut in half lengthwise as bases for pizza toppings.
- Take pan out of oven and put sauce and toppings on dough.
More definitions of toppingDefinition of topping in:
- The US English dictionary