- A rope or cable on a sailing boat that supports the weight of a boom or yard and can be used to lift it.More example sentences
- He looks at me with a big grin, says ‘Okay,’ and lowers the boom as well because he didn't fasten the topping lift.
- When not used as a halyard or topping lift it stows at the mast and is ready for any emergency use.
- Appropriate exit sheaves, swivel exits for topping lifts and spinnaker halyard blocks are provided.
More definitions of topping liftDefinition of topping lift in:
- The US English dictionary