- The top layer of soil: keep all the topsoil you remove; you’re bound to find a use for it later! [count noun]: dry topsoils are typical in the western Corn BeltMore example sentences
- Many soils have a topsoil layer that is more permeable than the clay subsoil.
- It owns recycling plants in Ayrshire, Paisley and Glasgow and supplies recycled aggregates, topsoil and subsoil.
- Ideally, a loamy textured topsoil should be brought in to increase soil grade.
More definitions of topsoilDefinition of topsoil in:
- The US English dictionary