- Make a row of continuous stitches on the top or right side of a garment or other article as a decorative feature: topstitch around the cuff [with object]: topstitch the scallops near the edge (as noun topstitching) decorative topstitching emphasizes the lines of the blazerMore example sentences
- Using a long stitch, topstitch 1/8 ‘from each side of the side seam, stitching across the seam at the slit upper edge.’
- Press the seam allowances open and topstitch with a long straight stitch on both sides of the seam, being careful not to stretch the fabric while stitching.
- For a denim bag, press the seam allowances to one side and topstitch near the seam, catching the seam allowances underneath.
More definitions of topstitchDefinition of topstitch in:
- The US English dictionary