adjectiveFishing , North American
- (Of a bait) floating on or near the top of the water.More example sentences
- As Stovall and I began squabbling over topwater, spinnerbait, crankbait, swimming bait and worm options, the ensuing confusion resembled a floating pickup sticks game.
- The rocky shorelines assure an abundance of clear water, and topwater lures are an excellent choice early and late over grass and off points.
- Switching to magnum topwater plugs sometimes improves the quality of trout caught, but don't be surprised if a 10-inch speck latches its eager jaws onto a plug half its length.
More definitions of topwaterDefinition of topwater in:
- The US English dictionary