The light of a torch or torches.
More example sentences
- Slowly his eyes fluttered open, but the flickering torchlight that lit his cell seemed unnaturally bright.
- He estimated his position from his brief view of the room with torchlight and the light framed by the doorway he had entered from.
- The room was still lit by torchlight as Zarana rose from the cramped room and exited through paper door.
- More example sentences
- It was the first torchlit scenic procession in New Orleans, a revolution in street pageantry, a revelation in artistic effects.
- Visitors are being invited to join torchlit tours around the building during Hallowe'en week when guides will lead them around the dimly-lit museum galleries each evening, giving an insight into some of the spookier exhibits on show.
- In fact, snow notwithstanding, things have been going seriously right: Moby has been secured, the torchlit procession has been successfully re-routed, and the health and safety people are happy.
Definition of torchlight in:
- The US English dictionary