Definition of torchlight in English:
The light of a torch or torches.
- Slowly his eyes fluttered open, but the flickering torchlight that lit his cell seemed unnaturally bright.
- He estimated his position from his brief view of the room with torchlight and the light framed by the doorway he had entered from.
- The room was still lit by torchlight as Zarana rose from the cramped room and exited through paper door.
- Example sentences
- It was the first torchlit scenic procession in New Orleans, a revolution in street pageantry, a revelation in artistic effects.
- Visitors are being invited to join torchlit tours around the building during Hallowe'en week when guides will lead them around the dimly-lit museum galleries each evening, giving an insight into some of the spookier exhibits on show.
- In fact, snow notwithstanding, things have been going seriously right: Moby has been secured, the torchlit procession has been successfully re-routed, and the health and safety people are happy.
Words that rhyme with torchlightspotlight • lowlight
Definition of torchlight in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan