- A bullfighter, especially one on horseback.More example sentences
- It is significant the bullfighter is mounted, he says: ‘In the real story of Carmen, her second lover is not a toreador but a famous picador.’
- Then came the bullfights, except that the toreadors, being slaves or convicts, had been given no chance to practice, so the bull usually gored them to death.
- They can get through the eye of a needle.… They're also as brave as toreadors.
Spanish, from torear 'fight bulls', from toro 'bull'.
More definitions of toreadorDefinition of toreador in:
- The US English dictionary