noun (plural toreros)
- A bullfighter, especially one on foot.More example sentences
- At the beginning of the bullfight, or corrida, the torero sizes up the bull while performing certain ritualized motions with his cape.
- No bulls are killed during the bullfights; instead, toreros show their bravery by closely engaging the animals with their ponchos, jackets, or homemade capes.
- Historically, the natural competition between two matadors that has existed in bullfighting, has always included toreros of contrasting styles and appeals, such as the classic matador against the unorthodox or charismatic one.
Spanish, from toro 'bull' (see toreador).
More definitions of toreroDefinition of torero in:
- The US English dictionary