- (In Japanese cookery) tuna meat from the belly of the fish, pale pink and rich in fat and used in sushi and sashimi.More example sentences
- Use more wasabi for fattier fish, such as toro or yellowtail, less wasabi on lean cuts, such as clam or squid.
- Insipid, as if the full, lush taste of prime toro had been washed out by some mysterious force.
- Like the famous beef, this toro wasn't so much larded with richness as it was infused with it.
Japanese, probably short for torori to 'melting in the mouth'.
More definitions of toroDefinition of toro in:
- The US English dictionary