- A device that transmits or multiplies torque generated by an engine.More example sentences
- The transmission has a planetary gear train and a hydrodynamic torque converter.
- The Ford C - 4 three-speed transmission runs an A-I torque converter, and the Ford nine-inch housing features Summers Brothers axles and spool.
- To overcome these issues, Honda has added a one-way clutch for engine braking that acts on the crankshaft instead of the torque converter during deceleration.
More definitions of torque converterDefinition of torque converter in:
- The US English dictionary