noun (plural same)
- A unit of pressure equivalent to 1 mm of mercury in a barometer and equal to 133.32 pascals.More example sentences
- The ALS is one of only two places in the world where photoelectron spectroscopy can be performed on surfaces at pressures above 1 torr (a unit of pressure equivalent to 1 millimeter of mercury in a barometer).
- The dynamic investigations were carried out under continuous conditions, which were 6 torr with a relative humidity of 80%.
- The QTC provides repeatable and stable leak-rate measurements from 5 × 10-11 up to 0.2 std-cc/s and a maximum test pressure of 15 torr.
1940s: named after E. Torricelli (see Torricelli, Evangelista).
More definitions of torrDefinition of torr in:
- The US English dictionary