- A wreath.More example sentences
- In older illustrations of Penang's full coat of arms, the torse under the tree is of the 6 twist variety.
- The members of this guard shall wear on their helms torses of green, blue, red.
- These torses are seldom ‘classical’ ones, more often than not they could be described as ‘hidden torses’.
late 16th century: from obsolete French, from Latin torta, feminine past participle of torquere 'twist'.
More definitions of torseDefinition of torse in:
- The US English dictionary