(also torsion beam)
- A bar forming part of a vehicle suspension, twisting in response to the motion of the wheels and absorbing their vertical movement.More example sentences
- The design functions similar to a torsion bar suspension, but instead of wheel movement loading the torsion bar, it loads self-contained elastomeric elements within the axle tube.
- It also gave engineers a more stable platform on which to tune the MacPherson strut front and torsion beam rear suspensions, and from which to develop the planned three-door model.
- The suspension is independent strut/coil springs in front, and a torsion beam in back with an anti-roll bar at each end.
More definitions of torsion barDefinition of torsion bar in:
- The US English dictionary