Definition of torso in English:
noun (plural torsos or US also torsi /-siː/)
1The trunk of the human body.
- The royal family are shown with elongated skulls and pear-shaped bodies with skinny torsos and arms but fuller hips, stomachs and thighs.
- Cross your arms over your chest, squeeze your glutes and slowly raise your torso until your body forms a straight line.
- Any time you do dips you're working your whole torso, your upper trunk and your arms at the same time.
1.1The trunk of a statue without, or considered independently of, the head and limbs.
- Casts have also been made of other parts of the human body, for instance, limbs or torsos, for use as models by sculptors who work in stone or other materials.
- The quiet square evokes the classical arcades and statuary of antiquity (the sculpture is a torso of Aphrodite).
- Bronze idol of Ganapathi, with finely proportioned torsos and exquisitely designed limbs is a cynosure of all eyes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan