- A person who commits a tort.More example sentences
- Neither court expressly dealt with the question whether the section affected the common law rule that only one sum can be awarded in a single proceeding for the one tort committed by joint tortfeasors.
- If the supervening event is a tort, the second tortfeasor should be responsible for the additional devaluation caused by him…
- Where one person instigates another to commit a tort they are joint tortfeasors.
mid 17th century: from Old French tort-fesor, from tort 'wrong' and fesor 'doer'.
More definitions of tortfeasorDefinition of tortfeasor in:
- The US English dictionary