- 1.1A situation in which any of two or more outcomes or options is equally possible or equally attractive: in the end it was a toss-up between the mussels, the crispy prawn parcels, and the smoked troutMore example sentences
- Many analysts consider the success of United's deal a toss-up, although Colak predicts defeat, based on congressional, UAL labor, and consumer opposition lining up against it.
- Although the Swiftech solution won the majority of the benchmarks, it is really a toss-up when you look closely at the numbers.
- If the election is still a toss-up when the Pacific states start declaring, look for Washington, Oregon, Nevada and Arizona, where the two candidates were polling within a few percentage points of one another last week.
More definitions of toss-upDefinition of toss-up in:
- The US English dictionary