- A Latin American dish of fried plantain, typically served with a dip.More example sentences
- Even the food sold by street vendors, such as grilled meat or tostones (fried plantain patties), is delicious.
- Suckingly juicy shreds of beef picadillo are pressed into chewy, barely sweet plantain cups to form delicious tostones rellenos.
- An excellent speciality of the Spanish-speaking Caribbean is tostones, for which slices of slightly unripe plantain are gently fried, squashed flat, and fried further until crisp.
from Spanish tostón.
More definitions of tostonesDefinition of tostones in:
- The US English dictionary