- An eclipse in which the whole of the disc of the sun or moon is obscured.More example sentences
- Although they are by no means as striking as total eclipses, annular eclipses can afford a semblance of the experience.
- The last total eclipse, solar eclipse in Antarctica, was just over a century ago.
- The most favourable conditions for a total eclipse are when the Moon is at its perigee, Earth is farthest from the Sun (around July) and when the Sun is observed near zenith.
More definitions of total eclipseDefinition of total eclipse in:
- The US English dictionary