- 1Immersion of the whole body in water, in particular as a form of baptism: more than 100 members of the sect were baptised in Florida, undergoing total immersion as is traditionalMore example sentences
- Perhaps this was the very place where Paulinus, the Christian priest, first preached, before leading the converts to the River Glen for baptism by total immersion.
- Modern high-tech acrylics have allowed the casting of baths in just about any shape, with steep sides and plenty of room for total immersion.
- The church wardens made their inquiries, and came back with the surprising information that baptism should be by total immersion unless sickness prevents this!
- 1.1Complete mental involvement in something: the opportunity for total immersion in the language and culture [as modifier]: improve your French in a total-immersion courseMore example sentences
- Rigorous, intense, but intended to be fun, the total-immersion program appeals to emerging dancemakers as well as mid-career professionals.
- The institute runs in-depth, total-immersion semesters for architecture, planning, landscape, and other design students.
- He has taken the path of total immersion in Bulgarian life.