Definition of touch-type in English:
verb[no object] (often as noun touch-typing)
Type using all one’s fingers and without looking at the keys: I learned proper eight-finger touch-typing
More example sentences
- After meeting face-to-face, a trail of text messages continues the conversation as friends disperse in trains, buses and on foot, nimble thumbs touch-typing on numeric keypads.
- OK, this will be an experiment to see how good I am at touch-typing.
- Later on, she taught me five-finger touch-typing, for which I am every day grateful.
- Example sentences
- Now, as a fairly fast touch-typist, I find that having to move my hands from the home keys and then replace them at regular intervals adds a small but annoying increase to the time it takes to type up a document.
- If you are a touch-typist, you probably can't remember just how hard typing is - the awkwardness and lack of intuitive appeal of a keyboard; the way silly errors are easy to make and hard to spot.
- And I am a demon touch-typist, so I can easily match a moderately paced speaker, particularly if I don't worry about accuracy.
Definition of touch-type in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan