The cheapest accommodation or seating for passengers in a ship, aircraft, or hotel.
- Accommodation will be provided for 700 passengers - first and tourist class - and a crew of about 400.
- Hamburg Atlantic's SS Hanseatic divided the list into the ports of debarkation; on an eastbound sailing I made in September 1963, in tourist class there were 67 passengers bound for Cherbourg, 59 for Southampton, and 780 for Cuxhaven.
- In the early days the liners closed off the spaces dedicated to lower-class accommodations, such as tourist class, when they went cruising.
Relating to or by the cheapest accommodation or seating: [as adjective]: a tourist-class hotel [as adverb]: they had come tourist class from Cairo
More example sentences
- The package includes daily breakfasts and dinners, air and land transportation, accommodation in tourist-class hotels and insurance.
- It includes 13 nights' accommodation in superior tourist-class hotels and two nights in a Contiki special resort hotel, transport, an experienced driver or guide, sightseeing and some meals.
- The deals include a week at a tourist-class hotel and South African Airways flights from Heathrow.
Definition of tourist class in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.