Definition of tourist class in English:
The cheapest accommodation or seating for passengers in a ship, aircraft, or hotel.
- Accommodation will be provided for 700 passengers - first and tourist class - and a crew of about 400.
- Hamburg Atlantic's SS Hanseatic divided the list into the ports of debarkation; on an eastbound sailing I made in September 1963, in tourist class there were 67 passengers bound for Cherbourg, 59 for Southampton, and 780 for Cuxhaven.
- In the early days the liners closed off the spaces dedicated to lower-class accommodations, such as tourist class, when they went cruising.
adjective& adverbBack to top
Relating to or by the cheapest accommodation or seating: [as adjective]: a tourist-class hotel [as adverb]: they had come tourist class from Cairo
More example sentences
- The package includes daily breakfasts and dinners, air and land transportation, accommodation in tourist-class hotels and insurance.
- It includes 13 nights' accommodation in superior tourist-class hotels and two nights in a Contiki special resort hotel, transport, an experienced driver or guide, sightseeing and some meals.
- The deals include a week at a tourist-class hotel and South African Airways flights from Heathrow.
Definition of tourist class in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan