noun (plural pronunc. same)
- 1A kind of meat pie traditionally eaten at Christmas in Canada.More example sentences
- They were busy packing the root cellar with parsnips, canning their ox tongues and making their tourtieres and petes-des-soeurs, or driving the dogsled down the hill for a barrel of water.
- At four big tourtières for that price, it was a steal - two people could eat that alone and be satisfied, and that could really be said of any of the dishes at this affordable and justifiably crowded spot.
- I saw a friend and she had tourtiere for dinner, except without meat and with seitan instead, so it actually tasted good.
More definitions of tourtièreDefinition of tourtière in:
- The US English dictionary