(also towing rope)
- A rope, cable, or other line used in towing.More example sentences
- It was not unusual to see a ‘chain’ of thoroughbred horse (from one to twenty) hitched one behind the other to a long tow rope while the leading horse always carried a rider, coming and going from the racecourse.
- When a colleague approached the car with a tow rope Mrs Percy drove to the side of the road allowing the other person access.
- The Stromness lifeboat stood by while a tow rope was attached by the Banff-registered fishing boat Enterprise. The boats arrived at Scrabster harbour early on Tuesday.
More definitions of tow ropeDefinition of tow rope in:
- The US English dictionary