- Acute septicaemia in women, typically caused by bacterial infection from a retained tampon or IUD.More example sentences
- Staph bacteria can cause folliculitis, boils, scalded skin syndrome, impetigo, toxic shock syndrome, cellulitis, and other types of infections.
- The research offers new approaches to antibiotic and vaccine design, and answers long-standing questions about the origins of two diseases: toxic shock syndrome and antibiotic-resistant infections.
- A related infection, streptococcal toxic shock syndrome, or STSS, is caused by streptococcus bacteria.
More definitions of toxic shock syndromeDefinition of toxic shock syndrome in:
- The US English dictionary