Definition of toxigenic in English:
(Especially of a bacterium) producing a toxin or toxic effect: a toxigenic strain of E. coli
More example sentences
- In addition, toxigenic bacteria that have been implicated in sudden infant death syndrome do reside in used infant mattresses.
- Undiluted and diluted cell free filtrates of isolates and known toxigenic and non-toxigenic bacteria were added to Vero cell monolayer in microtitre plates.
- They say that the increased risk might be associated with toxigenic species of bacteria, such as Staphylococcus aureus, which grow well in body fluids that contaminate mattresses.
- Example sentences
- A species does not necessarily need to have both high invasiveness and high toxigenicity to be rated highly virulent.
- Molecular methods for the determination of toxigenicity are being developed.
- The most common in vitro assay for toxigenicity is the Elek immunodiffusion test.
Definition of toxigenic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan