- Relating to or denoting a rock texture (characteristic of trachyte) in which crystals show parallel alignment due to liquid flow.More example sentences
- Influx of trachytic volcanic rock fragments in the Albian may derive from inlra-platc volcanism related to extension.
- The field relationships and geochemistry is described in detail by Fumes & Lippard, who differentiated a lower body of brecciated flow-banded and ‘flow-folded’ trachytic lava, interlayered with microgabbro.
- They consist of intrusive materials (phonolitic domes, trachytic dykes, small syenitic bodies), breccias, tuffs and massive peripheral lava flows.
More definitions of trachyticDefinition of trachytic in:
- The US English dictionary