Definition of tracking in English:
1 Electronics The maintenance of a constant difference in frequency between two or more connected circuits or components.
- The text describes the apparatus and method for differential tracking in a magneto-optic data storage system using mark edge detection.
- This tracking system provides for the tracking of a target matching the preloaded or hyperspectral signature observed prior to launch.
1.1The formation of a conducting path for an electric current over the surface of an insulating material.
- The tracking and strap cells along with the tracking scheme allow for better tracking of current within the array without the necessity of adding timing margin.
- When the needle is removed, the metal ring remains in place, permitting electromagnetic tracking of the catheter as it is fed through the vascular system.
3US The streaming of school pupils.
- Conversely, they believe tracking can doom non-gifted pupils to low expectations and exclusion.
- There was not a clear pattern of tracking and exclusion in vocational and academic courses along a White/non-White divide.
- This type of tracking of students was bolstered by the single most important innovation in educational science during that era: intelligence testing.
Definition of tracking in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan