Definition of tracklayer in English:
1A tractor or other vehicle equipped with continuous tracks.
- The Holt Tractor Company and the Best Tractor Company both took their heavy commercial tracklayers around 1916 and experimented by adding riveted boilerplates to the tractor chassis.
- This recovery system separates collected rubber tracklayers into core metal and rubber, for the purpose of recycling them into iron materials and boiler fuels.
2North American another term for trackman.
- At Ogallala, Nebraska, milepost 342, on May 27, 1867, they swooped down on the tracklayers while Dodge and government inspectors were present.
- Completed and crossed by the tracklayers in November 1866, it was twenty-three hundred feet long.
- The tracklayers moved forward at a furious pace, often laying down two to three miles of new rail a day, sometimes more.
Definition of tracklayer in:
- US English dictionary