Definition of trackless in English:
1(Of land) having no paths or tracks on it: leading travellers into trackless wastelands
More example sentences
- It requires you to do so on rough, steep, largely trackless terrain that it's hard even to walk on safely.
- Mile 291: Grab the GPS and start navigating on foot across miles of trackless terrain that'll take you into the interior of the Richardson mountains.
- To provide guidance for a route that sidesteps the timeless, trackless path of the gazelles, the researchers are studying the creatures' habits - and habitats.
2(Of a vehicle or component) not running on a track or tracks.
- The trolley, a trackless affair which drew its motive power from overhead wires, surged smoothly through the late morning traffic with its handful of riders.
- The tram ticket brings to mind that even after the last war there still remained two metal lattice-work stanchions that carried the power for the trackless trams to Oxenhope and Haworth.
Definition of trackless in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan