Definition of trackwork in English:
1Railway track and associated equipment.
- Life-expired signalling equipment and related trackwork, switches and crossings will be replaced.
- The first fortnight will see closure of Slade Lane Junction to replace signalling equipment and trackwork, including switches and crossings.
- Members also plan to install trackwork / sidings, create a temporary visitor centre and provide volunteer accommodation as well as restoration of equipment and building of a storage shed for rolling stock.
1.1Work involved in constructing or maintaining railway track.
- One of the many trackwork projects taking place on this particular weekend involved running all Uptown trains on the express track from Times Square to 96th Street.
- We had a pretty uneventful trip outbound to Geneva, although we were slowed somewhat by trackwork.
- There appeared to be some trackwork going on, as there was a crane sitting next to the tracks.