- A treatise.More example sentences
- Thomas's early discussion of the way theoretical sciences are distinguished from one another in the course of his exposition of the tractate of Boethius On the Trinity is masterful.
- Quite apart from his magnum opus, the Consolation of Philosophy, there were translations of Aristotle, and a number of short tractates on music, arithmetic and Christian theology.
- It does not contain any references to Jesus, though this is hardly surprising since it contains sixty-three tractates of religious law.
late 15th century: from Latin tractatus, from tractare 'to handle', frequentative of trahere 'draw'.
More definitions of tractateDefinition of tractate in:
- The US English dictionary