- A steam or diesel-powered road vehicle used (especially formerly) for pulling very heavy loads.More example sentences
- But local industries saw the benefit of using a steam wagon, which was smaller and lighter than a traction engine towing a trailer.
- A huge boiler drawn on a traction engine passed through Skipton on its way to Slingsby's Mill in Gargrave.
- Thirteen teams will be operating thirteen historic threshing mills and a historic steam traction engine will drive each mill.
More definitions of traction engineDefinition of traction engine in:
- The US English dictionary