- A powerful motor vehicle with large rear wheels, used chiefly on farms for hauling equipment and trailers.More example sentences
- Farther north, a farm wife drives a tractor pulling a flat rack.
- One day he remembered starting the old diesel tractor on the farm inside a metal shed.
- Farm tractors are used to move organic and phosphate wastes onto the dykes.
late 18th century (in the general sense 'someone or something that pulls'): from Latin, from tract- 'pulled', from the verb trahere.
More definitions of tractorDefinition of tractor in:
- The US English dictionary