(Especially of music) traditional: trad jazz
More example sentences
- Traditional jazz, or trad jazz, was the pop music of the day and any kind of delinquent behaviour was usually reported as the work of ‘jazz fans’.
- Though his mix of hip-hop, trad jazz, and club techno sounds intriguing on paper, he rarely manages to come up with anything compelling out of the mix.
- There will be everything from karaoke sessions to trad music to a storming rock band from Donegal.
Traditional jazz or folk music.
- When the band was first formed, the idea of fusing rhythm based music from Africa and beyond with melodious trad from Ireland seemed like a curious and exciting experiment.
- Songs must be written in the musical style of folk, ballad, Irish trad, or easy country music, but not contemporary music, while the maximum duration per song is four minutes.
- Jazz - from 1920s New Orleans trad to swing to modernist interpretations - is finding a home in Australian churches.
Words that rhyme with tradad, add, Allahabad, bad, Baghdad, bedad, begad, cad, Chad, clad, dad, egad, fad, forbade, gad, glad, grad, had, lad, mad, pad, plaid, rad, Riyadh, sad, scad, shad, Strad, tad
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: trad
Definition of trad in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.