- A balance achieved between two desirable but incompatible features; a compromise: a trade-off between objectivity and relevanceMore example sentences
- Essentially the decision comes down to a trade-off between features and portability.
- Politicians make compromises and trade-offs to secure what is in their view the best for their constituents.
- This article does not discuss these oscillators at length but highlights some of the feature trade-offs.
More definitions of trade-offDefinition of trade-off in:
- The US English dictionary