- The amount by which the value of a country’s exports exceeds the cost of its imports.More example sentences
- He said it would also eventually help contain the huge trade surplus as foreign producers export less to the United States.
- The United States will then be forced into a trade surplus as incomes fall far enough to reduce imports and wages fall far enough to make U.S. goods competitive.
- Record world oil prices are bringing strong growth, a healthy trade surplus, higher wages, and even bigger pensions from fattened state coffers for some of the poorest Russians.
More definitions of trade surplusDefinition of trade surplus in:
- The US English dictionary