(British also trades union)
- An organized association of workers in a trade, group of trades, or profession, formed to protect and further their rights and interests.More example sentences
- Workers do use it every time they organise a trade union and fight for better wages and conditions.
- It is not an easy decision to become a trade unionist without a trade union.
- There are no political parties, no elections, no independent legislature, no trades unions, no bar association, no independent judiciary, and no independent human rights organisations.
More definitions of trade unionDefinition of trade union in:
- The US English dictionary