(also traffic light or traffic signal)
- A set of automatically operated coloured lights, typically red, amber, and green, for controlling traffic at road junctions, pedestrian crossings, and roundabouts.More example sentences
- As this study focuses on urban areas, a bunch could normally mean a cluster of vehicles released from an upstream traffic signal during the green time.
- Getting stuck at the traffic signal at Silk Board Junction can lead one beyond road rage.
- Simulating the presence of a large motor vehicle in an inductive loop of a vehicular traffic signal light control system
More definitions of traffic lightsDefinition of traffic lights in:
- The US English dictionary