nounchiefly North American
- A pattern in the air above an airport of permitted lanes for aircraft to follow after take-off or prior to landing.More example sentences
- Become more aware of your surroundings; an airport traffic pattern can get extremely busy.
- Most first solos are no more than a couple or three circles around the airport traffic pattern, but it's a big moment in a student pilot's training.
- I had it happen once in the traffic pattern approaching a landing and had to open the canopy in order to see.
More definitions of traffic patternDefinition of traffic pattern in:
- The US English dictionary